Rationale:The workshop will bring together a number of leading experts to debate the ways in which standardisation can be used as a driver for project value improvement. The discussion will examine ways in which greater harmonisation, in for example, technical standards, execution methods and equipment might be used to reduce cost and project risk – but also examine the limitations and challenges of such an approach. Overall the industry needs to develop a lower and sustainable cost base to adjust to this lower oil price environment. This debate will help delegates focus on some key actions that can help achieve this lower cost base.
Value improvement key ingredients:
- Process – how to establish a methodical challenge process at key stages in the development process.
- “Mind-set” – fostering an attitude which challenges assumptions.
Where is standardisation applicable and where not? How can it help achieve value improvement objectives?
- Standardising processes, materials and documentation, agreements;
- Harmonising rules and regulations across the global supply chain.
- Learning lessons from other industries.
- Making equipment adaptable and scalable.
- Reducing complexity.
- What practical steps can the industry take?
- What is the size of the prize?
- What are the challenges?
Who is this for?
This value improvement workshop is designed for:
- Business leaders.
- Policy makers.
- Project Directors and Managers.
- Asset Managers.
- Engineering Managers.