Rationale: Be it for shallow water or deep water projects, choosing the right mooring system for your FPSO remains a pivotal decision in project and operational success. FPSO owners and operators need to evaluate different types of mooring systems in terms of CAPEX, OPEX and system availability during service life.
This workshop is designed to provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the criterion required before making such decisions. Questions on spread vs turret mooring, the pros and cons of each, and operational examples of current and upcoming turret systems will be discussed and presented in this workshop. Inspection and maintenance will be addressed.
- Examining spread vs. turret mooring systems and the impact of field specifications: What are the implications for CAPEX, OPEX and system availability?
- External vs Internal Turret systems: What are the pros and cons?
- When and where to use disconnectable turret systems and how to optimize the benefits of using such a system?
- How do riser systems complement each type of mooring system? How do deep water riser systems differ from shallow water and how do they affect mooring systems?
- Overcoming challenges between the design and operational phases for turret and mooring systems.
Who is this for?
This technical workshop is designed for:
- FPSO project managers
- Heads of engineering departments
- Naval architects
- Construction Managers